AUDIENCE ENGAGEMENT OFFICER (Art Gallery)
Salary: $61,344 - $64,449 per annum+ super
Position Status: Permanent full time
Hours of work: 35 hour week with a RDO every 3rd week
Closing: Friday, 1 June 2018 at 4pm
About the Organisation
Congratulations, on taking the first step toward joining one of the Bathurst Region's largest employers! Bathurst Regional Council employs over 400 staff and provides a large range of services to our community.
Working for Council is a stimulating and rewarding career option, providing the opportunity to be part of a team contributing to shaping the success and future of our Region.
Bathurst really is the best of both worlds - a beautiful country lifestyle just two and a half hours from Sydney. Bathurst is Australia’s oldest inland settlement located just over 200 kilometres west of Sydney on the Macquarie River. The region is conveniently located with effective transport links to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Canberra and there is no shortage of things to see and do if you want to explore or take a lazy Sunday drive.
To find out more, please click on this link Bathurst Region.
About the Role
Are you passionate about connecting audiences to visual art? Bathurst Regional Art Gallery is seeking a creative professional to join its team as Audience Engagement Officer.
The Audience Engagement Officer works closely with the Gallery Director and Curator to develop education and public programs that enhance the Gallery’s artistic programs and audience experience (onsite, offsite and online). The position is also responsible for the promotion of BRAG exhibitions and events through media and online platforms, creating marketing and promotional material consistent with the BRAG brand identity, and developing opportunities to leverage new media and technology to promote and deliver programs to a range of audiences. BRAG is looking for a motivated, multi-skilled individual who thrives in a fast-paced work environment and who can work as part of small team that includes Volunteers.
The position is will require some out of hours work.
- Tertiary qualifications in visual arts, art education, museum studies, arts administration or appropriate industry experience.
- Knowledge of contemporary and historic Australian art and a good general knowledge of art history.
- High level written and oral communications across all modes and audiences
- Experience in the development, implementation and evaluation of education and public programs, and an understanding of the role of programming in audience development, preferably in the gallery sector.
- High level computer literacy across the Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Google Analytics, website content management systems and social media platforms
- Demonstrated understanding of marketing, print and digital communications in the arts sector.
- Demonstrated understanding of the role of new media and technology in producing, presenting and promoting programs to a range of audiences.
- Excellent event/project management skills and the ability to prioritise workload in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Well–developed interpersonal skills and the proven ability to work as part of a team, including volunteers and casual staff.
Contact Officer: Sarah Gurich 6333 6150
Bathurst Regional Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
To submit your application for this position, please complete the questionnaire below. You will then be prompted to attach your resume and copies of any relevant qualifications (please note attaching a resume is mandatory). You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.